Friday 23 September 2016

Another favourite part of the London Underground

A month ago, I mentioned how the Piccadilly Circus Bakerloo Crossover was my favourite part of the London Underground. So how can I have another favourite part? I can because this part is unused - and technically was never a proper part of the Underground although it was nearly. This 'other favourite part' is Highgate High Level station pictured below.


It was part of the proposed 'Northern Heights Project' and now lies derelict beside the current Highgate underground station just visible in the background. Other photographs and a better history than I can give can be found by following these links:

Disused Stations - Highgate

The Northern Heights (Part 2)


Overground - Northern Heights
(Where my favourite image is Number 22)