- The child is to the adult as the philosopher is to the mind of God.
- We fit ourselves to the hours of the day. Instead, we should fit the hours of the day to ourselves.
- One needs time for those happy accidents (and inspirations) to occur.
- "The idea of the uncompromising thinker who follows his [own] genius caring nothing for the approval of the world seems, perhaps, just a romantic fantasy. But is it just possible that the new idealist of our own age is out there perfecting a comprehensive system raging in the dark? Maybe it is you. Maybe you're out there my doppelgänger. Take your time". (Transcribed from the Radio 4 programme 'The Romantic Road'.)
- "A snail is God's word in the shape of a shell." (Gregory Normington on Radio 3's 'The Verb'.)
- "Blessed be the inquisitive of the Lord." (Gregory Normington on Radio 3's 'The Verb'.)
- HBK FiNN has a CD entitled 'Light in the Shade of Darkness'. (This struck me as an interesting title. What is also interesting is the way in which he often uses capital letters, except when it comes to the letter 'i'. So it's 'LiGHT iN THE SHADE OF DARKNESS'.)
- Dyslexia as social and existential alienation. (I'm dyslexic and I don't know what this might mean. I include it because it is intriguing.)
Friday, 13 July 2012
Found while tidying my iPod
Some thoughts (which may or may not mean anything) from a variety of sources: